Director of Fundamental Physics Simulation Research Division
Department of Helical Plasma Research
National Institute for Fusion Science
Graduate University for Advanced Studies (Sokendai)
Plasma Physics, Simulation Science
- Simulation Study of Coherent Structure in Plasmas
- Imaging of Fusion Plasma
- Multi-Sclae Plasma Simulation
- Plasma Particle Simulation Studies of Micro-Scale Plasma Dynamics
- S. Ishiguro, S. Usami, R. Horiuchi, H. Ohtani, A. Maluckov, and M. M. Skoric, "Multi-scale simulation for plasma science", Joournal of Physics: Conference Series Vol. 257, 012026, 2010.
- A. M. Maluckov, S. Ishiguro, M. M. Skoric; “A Macro Projective Integration Method in 2D Microscopic System Applied to Nonlinear Ion Acoustic Wave in a Plasma”, Communications in Computational Physics Vol. 4, No.3, pp. 556-574, 2008
- S. Ishiguro and H. Hasegawa, “Three-dimensional Particle-In-Cell Simulation of Scrape-OFF-Layer Plasmas”, J. Plasma Physics Vol. 72 Part 6, pp.1233-1237, 2006
- Li Baiwen, S. Ishiguro, M.M. Skoric and T. Sato, “Large amplitude relativistic electromagnetic solitons due to strong photon-condensation in intense laser underdense homogeneous collisionless plasma interaction”, Physics of Plasmas Vol. 13, No.4,pp. 042303-1-6, 2006
- Takuma Gohda, Seiji Ishiguro, Satoru Iizuka and Noriyoshi Sato; “Electrostatic Shocks Excited by Velocity Modulation of an Ion Beam in a Plasma,” Physical Review Letters, Vol. 92, No. 4, pp. 045002-1 - 4, 2004.
- Wataru Oohara, Rikizo Hatakeyama, and Seiji Ishiguro; “Plasma state transition originating from local production of massive negative ions,” Physical Review E, Vol. 68, No. 6,pp. 066407-1 - 8, 2003.
- Lj. Nikolic, M. M. Skoric, S. Ishiguro, and T. Sato; “Stimulated Electron-Acoustic-Wave Scattering in a Laser Plasma,” Physical Review E Vol. 66, pp. 036404-1 – 036404-4, 2002.
- T. Kaneko, R. Hatakeyama, N. Sato, and S. Ishiguro; “Plasma Confining Potential Self-Consistently Formed by Local Electron Cyclotron Resonance in a Well-Shaped Magnetic Field”, Physics of Plasmas, Vol. 9, No. 4, pp. 1271-1276, 2002.
- Seiji Ishiguro, Tetsuya Sato, Hisanori Takamaru and The Complexity Simulation Group; "V-Shaped dc Potential Structure Caused by Current-Driven Electrostatic Ion-Cyclotron Instability", Physical Review Letters Vol. 78, pp. 4761-4764, 1997.
- Seiji Ishiguro, Tetsuya Sato, Hisanori Takamaru, Kunihiko Watanabe, and The Complexity Simulation Group; "Formation of Wave-Front Pattern Accompanied by Current-Driven Electrostatic Ion-Cyclotron Instabilities", Physics of Plasmas, Vol. 4, pp. 2886-2892, 1997.
- Seiji Ishiguro, Yoshizo Kishi, and Noriyoshi Sato; "Potential Formation Due to Injection along Converging Magnetic Field Lines", Physics of Plasmas Vol. 2, pp. 3271-3274, 1995.
- Seiji Ishiguro, Yuji Suzawa, and Noriyoshi Sato; "Potential-Driven Ion Cyclotron Oscillations in a Magnetized Collisionless Plasma", Journal of Physical Society of Japan Vol. 63, No. 10, pp. 3651-3656, 1994.
- Seiji Ishiguro and Noriyoshi Sato; "Plasma Structures in front of a Floated Emissive Electrode", Physics of Fluids B Vol. 5, No. 11, pp. 4237-4243, 1993.
- Seiji Ishiguro; "Potential Formation and Thermal Insulation Between Different Temperature Plasmas", Journal of Physical Society of Japan Vol. 56, No. 4, pp. 1354-1369, 1987.
- Seiji Ishiguro, Tetsuo Kamimura, and Tetsuya Sato; "Double Layer Formation Caused by Contact between Different Temperature Plasmas", Physics of Fluids Vol. 28, No. 7 pp. 2100-2105, 1985.